It’s a new week, which means new books and new book fun here at RR! Let’s see, coming up this week, we’ve got kids’ recipe books, more ALA award-winners, and–hold on to your top hat and ruby slippers–a quick trip to Oz on Thursday. (Oz the Great and Powerful had the biggest opening weekend of any movie this year, and since I’ve already reviewed it HERE for World Magazine, I thought we could go a little deeper, with discussion questions for your family.)
Next week, it’s a different kind of Spring Break around here. We’ll be making a big announcement on Monday, which will include a rather large book giveaway, and we’ll eventually touch on some Easter books worth a spot in your Easter basket. It’s gonna be fun!
Speaking of fun, here are a few book-related giveaways this week:
- Bow of Bronze: as part of a larger giveaway, this website is giving away the books Raising Real Men and a free Ultimate Homeschool Expo membership. (I can’t vouch for the book’s content, fyi.)
- KJV Holman Classic Children’s Bible and Firebird are being given away (among other books) by Christianbook.com. Click on the link, then the book image to enter. Giveaway ends March 31.
- Goodreads.com has some new giveaways. Most of these probably aren’t worth your time, but if you have an older kid who likes Batman, there are some Batman titles you might check out.
- Win a Trip to Universal Studios: James Patterson is giving away a trip to Universal for some funny kids to promote his kids’ book, I Funny.
And now, some interesting and noteworthy kids’ book-related posts around the web:
- Fifty Shades & God’s Marital Tension: Megan Hill of Christianity Today reflects on the marital tension designed by God.
- PW’s Favorite Spring Kids’ Books: See what’s coming to a bookstore near you!
- Sold by Patricia McCormick: an insightful review by Anne Morse of Breakpoint Youth Reads. Finally, something Christians can appreciate together with our more liberal friends.