Happy Monday! We’re gearing up for a Science September, and we’ve got some great resources prepared to share with you next week! Until then, I hope you all enjoy some of these noteworthy book-related links.
- The Case for Good Taste in Children’s Books: As the Wall Street Journal Children’s Book Reviewer, Megan Cox Gurdon is one of my most esteemed colleagues in secular media…and as usual, she has some great thoughts on kids’ books. Enjoy!
- A Tale of Two (or Three) Stories: A great Christian conversation about audiobooks for kids, with tons of recommendations if you count the comments!
- Sleeping Giant Writing Classes: Looking for some tips for your budding writers, or even online classes? Author Jennifer Trafton (The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic, 2010) shares some insights as well as links to her new online business.
- Living Books Series: This post series over at Story Warren (frequented by Sally Lloyd Jones) looks at books the author has loved reading aloud with her family and that stuck with them through the years.
- Bestselling Books of 2012: Want to know what American kids read last year? Here is Publisher’s Weekly’s final tally of top selling books for kids and teens.
FREEBIES AND CHEAPIES
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Day of School: Kindle version regularly $9.99, now $1.99.
- Trucks: Whizz! Zoom! Rumble!: Kindle version regularly $.99, now $1.99.
- Courageous For Teens: Christianbook.com is giving away a signed copy of this book. Deadline August 30!
- Septimus Heap Contest: I haven’t even peeked into the contents of this series, but we do have it on the list to review soon! Til then, if you win a copy here, let us know what you think.
- iPad Contest: If you’re in to ebooks, this back to school contest is offering an ipad as a prize.
Ok, guys, I guess that’s all for now. If you know of any other good book deals or posts, please leave us a link below!