We haven’t started back to school yet, and the thrill of Christmas is fading fast… cabin fever is beginning to set in at my house. How about yours? Next week, we plan to jump into more consistent posting here at RR. For now, though, to ease the pain of idleness, I thought I would share […]
Welcome to the New Year at Redeemedreader! We’ve done a lot of interviews since our founding in 2011, so we thought we’d pull your favorites together today. We’ve gained a lot of new readers recently, so instead of only looking at this year’s best interviews, I’ve drawn these from our entire archives. Happy reading! Top 10 […]
We spend a lot of time recommending books to you guys, it’s true. But did you know we also get book recommendations from you? Behind the scenes, we manage to make enough to keep the site going through your support through Amazon.com. Readers click through a link on our site (say, in our Winter Book […]
Merry Christmas! Over the next few days, we’ll be doing some lists of fan favorites, with lists of our favorite books, interviews, etc. over the years. I thought for today’s post, though, we would look back at some of our readers’ favorite Christ-centered posts on Redeemedreader. Hopefully you’ll find some new posts and a few […]
C. S. Lewis at War: The Dramatic Story Behind Mere Christianity (Radio Theatre) by C.S. Lewis and Paul McCusker. Tyndale Entertainment, 2013. Ages 12 and up. It’s last minute stocking stuffer time at my house! But even if you aren’t frantically looking for one last gift, this is an audiobook I think many of you […]
Truth in the Tinsel Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I suppose the Christmas race has officially begun now, and with that in mind, I wanted to share with you an advent devotional my kids and I will be doing this year. I know that there are many worthy Advent studies. (For instance, I […]
To listen to our a read along with real teens or find discussion questions about Ender’s Game, please see our Ender’s Game Read Along. Also, to read the stories in our contest, see our Short Story Finalists post. Sci-fi Contest Winner Back when I was in high school, my short story contest submissions were read […]
Dear Redeemedreaders, We appreciate you! If you have appreciated Redeemedreader this year, we’d love to have your support during the holiday season. We have narrowed down some of our best gift book recommendations for this time of year below. Just click on any of the widgets or titles you see here, and you’ll go to […]
New to Redeemedreader? Sign up for our biweekly newsletter on our homepage! You can also like us on Facebook or follow along on Twitter to keep up with our book recommendations for kids and teens. To see who won the Writing Contest, CLICK HERE. INTRODUCTION Back in October, we invited teens to participate in a Sci-fi Writing Contest as part of our Ender’s […]
***NOTE: AN ANONYMOUS DONOR HAS JUST UPPED THE 2nd AND 3rd PLACE PRIZES IN THIS CONTEST TO A $30 AMAZON GIFT CARD!*** Introduction It’s been months in the making, but it’s finally here–our Teen Sci-fi Writing Contest and Finale Podcast! And not a moment too soon, since I’m going to a screening of Ender’s Game […]
Like sci-fi or dystopian stories? Check out our Sci-Fi Writing Contest for teens. You could win feedback from a sci-fi author and Thomas Nelson editor, plus lots of free books or gift cards! ENDER’S GAME POSTS: Introduction, Week 1: Sci-fi and Orson Scott Card, Week 2: Ender vs Peter, Week 3: Science of the Story, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- The Spiritual World of The Hobbit + Giveaway January 23, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1 March 7, 2014
- ALA Midwinter Conference Reflections January 30, 2014
- Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1 March 8, 2014
- Emily: Thanks for the suggestions, Melinda. We will add ...
- Betsy: This is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies-...
- Melinda Speece: I visited Ukraine with a group called HopeHouse In...
- Cathy: Great list, thanks!...
- Mandi: My boys liked Henry & Mudge, Mr. Putter & ...
- Emily on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Betsy on Retro Reads: The Sword in the Stone
- Melinda Speece on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Cathy on Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1
- Mandi on Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway)