***THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY.*** As our hearts turns toward the reason for the season, we moms and dads, grandpas and grandmas long to give our children something of lasting spiritual value amongst all the trinkets and gizmos. It might be a good time to revisit John Bunyan’s classic, especially since […]
Last October, Janie and I celebrated Reformation Day with a read-along of Pilgrim’s Progress for families. Janie covered the original book for older kids, while I picked up Oliver Hunkin’s Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim’s Progress. It would turn out to be more than just a good read or a vocabulary builder. My mom […]
Yesterday on our site, we offered a review of both book and movie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But of course, it’s not the first time Janie and I have written about dark fiction that appeals to teenagers. There is my review of A Clockwork Orange as part of my autobiography-in-books series, Janie’s post […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Easter devotional: Why Easter? March 24, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Pt. 2 March 15, 2014
- Adventuring with Wilder Good, Gannon & Wyatt, and a Giveaway! March 25, 2014
- Retro Reads: Lloyd Alexander’s Chronicles of Prydain March 12, 2014
- Kim: I can't wait to see if my library has these or wi...
- Put On Your Sonnet Bonnet! | Wise Blood: […] my delight when earlier this month Redee...
- Donna Fultz: Yes they still whip the girls for chocolate, eggs ...
- Hayley: Susan, I just checked with Betsy, and there is no ...
- susan bourne: What is the age limit? Is it just for kids or adul...
- Kim on Boys of Blur and Beowulf: Like Father, Like Son
- Put On Your Sonnet Bonnet! | Wise Blood on Calling All Poets: It’s a Shakespearean Sonnet Contest!
- Donna Fultz on Book Bits (April 21, 2014)
- Hayley on Calling All Poets: It’s a Shakespearean Sonnet Contest!
- susan bourne on Calling All Poets: It’s a Shakespearean Sonnet Contest!