***THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY.*** As our hearts turns toward the reason for the season, we moms and dads, grandpas and grandmas long to give our children something of lasting spiritual value amongst all the trinkets and gizmos. It might be a good time to revisit John Bunyan’s classic, especially since […]
Last October, Janie and I celebrated Reformation Day with a read-along of Pilgrim’s Progress for families. Janie covered the original book for older kids, while I picked up Oliver Hunkin’s Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim’s Progress. It would turn out to be more than just a good read or a vocabulary builder. My mom […]
Yesterday on our site, we offered a review of both book and movie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But of course, it’s not the first time Janie and I have written about dark fiction that appeals to teenagers. There is my review of A Clockwork Orange as part of my autobiography-in-books series, Janie’s post […]
Subscribe / Connect
- The Spiritual World of The Hobbit + Giveaway January 23, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1 March 7, 2014
- ALA Midwinter Conference Reflections January 30, 2014
- Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1 March 8, 2014
- Emily: Thanks for the suggestions, Melinda. We will add ...
- Betsy: This is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies-...
- Melinda Speece: I visited Ukraine with a group called HopeHouse In...
- Cathy: Great list, thanks!...
- Mandi: My boys liked Henry & Mudge, Mr. Putter & ...
- Emily on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Betsy on Retro Reads: The Sword in the Stone
- Melinda Speece on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Cathy on Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1
- Mandi on Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway)