MindWar: A Novel (The MindWar Trilogy, Book 1) by Andrew Klavan. Thomas Nelson, 2014. 336 pages. Reading Level: Young Adults, ages 12 and up Maturity Level: 4-7 (ages 12 and up) The title MindWar sums it up perfectly: Rick is fighting a mental battle that has far-reaching effects in the temporal world. A high school senior […]
This seems like an odd time of year to talk about death, but the joy of the Christmas season wouldn’t be joyful at all if that baby did not represent God’s solution to our biggest problem. Isaac Watts recognized that, in one of my most favorite Christmas hymns: No more let sin and sorrow reign, […]
Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Lemonade and Lit: An Adult-Teen Read Along, Week 7 It’s been a fun summer, and we’re finishing strong with […]
Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Lemonade and Lit: An Adult-Teen Read Along, Week 6 Can’t believe we’re on our last book! Be sure to […]
“. . . Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means, at the point of highest reality.” C. S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters. Back at the turn of the 20th century, boys in knickers devoured dime novels about Deadeye Dick and Frank Merriwell, […]
Andrew Klavan’s new novel, Crazy Dangerous, is the story of complicated characters in a complex world. Not necessarily the story you’d expect from a Christian author these days, but then not much about Andrew Klavan fits the Christian author stereotype. He grew up in a Jewish home, and his writing–from screenplays to editorials in the […]
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Coming up on Friday, an interview with Andrew Klavan himself! And we have a copy of Crazy Dangerous to give away!! Read on for details . . . Crazy Dangerous, by Andrew Klavan. Thomas Nelson, 2012, 324 pages. Age/interest level: 12-up. Nobody can ever say Andrew Klavan doesn’t know how to write an […]
Homelanders, by Andrew Klavan. Published by Thomas Nelson in four parts: The Last Thing I Remember (2009), The Long Way Home (2010), The Truth of the Matter (2010), and The Final Hour (2011). Age/interest level: 12-up. “Suddenly I woke up strapped to a chair.” If that’s not an opening sentence calculated to get a teenager […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 10 Chapter Books for Dads to Read to Their Kids (+ Printable) March 26, 2015
- Finding Good Chapter Book Friends: Junie B. Jones v. Jasper John Dooley April 13, 2015
- Caroline Starr Rose: An Interview! March 30, 2015
- Crinkle, Crackle, Crack: It’s Spring! by Marion Dane Bauer, illustrated by John Shelley April 22, 2015
- The Well-Gifted Grad May 19, 2015
- Janie: Thanks, Dean--we'll put that one on our list!...
- Check out | HeadHeartHand Blog: […] Sally Lloyd Jones: A Mini Interview | Re...
- Dean Aguirre: Another great book for grads would be Three Tips f...
- Beth: Great list! My son loves the Scaredy Squirrel boo...
- The Sage: I like a moment to address several commenters... ...