Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Lemonade and Lit: An Adult-Teen Read Along, Week 7 It’s been a fun summer, and we’re finishing strong with […]
Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Lemonade and Lit: An Adult-Teen Read Along, Week 6 Can’t believe we’re on our last book! Be sure to […]
“. . . Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means, at the point of highest reality.” C. S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters. Back at the turn of the 20th century, boys in knickers devoured dime novels about Deadeye Dick and Frank Merriwell, […]
Andrew Klavan’s new novel, Crazy Dangerous, is the story of complicated characters in a complex world. Not necessarily the story you’d expect from a Christian author these days, but then not much about Andrew Klavan fits the Christian author stereotype. He grew up in a Jewish home, and his writing–from screenplays to editorials in the […]
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Coming up on Friday, an interview with Andrew Klavan himself! And we have a copy of Crazy Dangerous to give away!! Read on for details . . . Crazy Dangerous, by Andrew Klavan. Thomas Nelson, 2012, 324 pages. Age/interest level: 12-up. Nobody can ever say Andrew Klavan doesn’t know how to write an […]
Homelanders, by Andrew Klavan. Published by Thomas Nelson in four parts: The Last Thing I Remember (2009), The Long Way Home (2010), The Truth of the Matter (2010), and The Final Hour (2011). Age/interest level: 12-up. “Suddenly I woke up strapped to a chair.” If that’s not an opening sentence calculated to get a teenager […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Sci-fi Short Story Finalists: VOTE FOR A WINNER! November 16, 2013
- Some Words About Wordless Books November 15, 2013
- Septimus Heap October 23, 2013
- Anselm: An Interview with Simonetta Carr October 16, 2013
- Empire of Bones (Ashtown Burials, #3) October 24, 2013
- Don G: I read Desiring God early in my walk and have cont...
- Cathy: As a young Christian at 15 years old, J.I. Packer...
- Ticia: Hmmm..... I'd say either Screwtape Letters or De...
- Betsy: I would have to ditto Megan's comments 100%!!! :-...
- Megan: Oooh, I LOVE The Snow Queen! And I am an admirer o...