In my previous post, Anne Frank and I, Behind the Bookcase I wrote about my experience visiting Amsterdam. How I passed through a small door hidden by a bookcase. Behind that bookcase, the Franks began a life of hiding which allowed Anne to escape Nazi ideology for a time. Literature I read as a youth, […]
“We’re so fortunate here, away from the turmoil. We wouldn’t have to give a moment’s thought to all this suffering if it weren’t for the fact that we’re so worried about those we hold dear, whom we can no longer help. I feel wicked sleeping in a warm bed, while somewhere out there my dearest […]
In honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day, a review of Annexed, by Sharon Dogar (Houghton Mifflin, 2010, 337 pages) Yes, I am dead now, but if you listen you can still hear me. Wystawach. Wake up. Are you still there? Are you listening? I was around twelve years old when Adolph Eichmann, administrator of the Nazi […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 2014 Summer Reading Challenge…For the Whole Family May 27, 2014
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- Janie: Thanks for chiming in, Anna! I sympathize with th...
- Anna: In defense of books like these, though, I must cit...
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon: […] Beach Books by Betsy at Redeemed Reader....
- Emily: Good point, George. Thanks for bringing that poin...
- Emily: So glad you found it profitable for your family, K...
- Janie on SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion
- Anna on SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon on Beach Books! (Librarians’ List)
- Emily on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?
- Emily on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional