Much of our coverage of “Banned Books Week” has centered on the territory known as YA, or Young Adult, which has for the last ten years or so been the glam side of children’s books, if not the entire publishing world. Sales of YA have surpassed adult best-sellers and show no sign of declining: the […]
Over at BannedBooksWeek.org, the celebration has begun. And while Janie and I made our objections to Banned Books Week clear last week, we are happy to join with our fellow book and library lovers in celebrating the freedom of the press we DO have in this country. We don’t believe that YA Saves, but we […]
Back in 1984, that fateful year when we first decided to teach our kids at home, very little curriculum was available—strange as it may seem to those moms and dads who wander the apparently endless curriculum halls of homeschooling conventions today. You can pore over catalogues and websites until your eyes glaze over, and still […]
ME & MY LIBRARY I am not ashamed to say I love my local library. As a conservative, I wish that it could be funded some other way than government plunder, but it’s not a perfect world, is it? And as a classical homeschooler, the books we get there play a huge role in our […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 2014 Summer Reading Challenge…For the Whole Family May 27, 2014
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon: […] Beach Books by Betsy at Redeemed Reader....
- Emily: Good point, George. Thanks for bringing that poin...
- Emily: So glad you found it profitable for your family, K...
- Kristina: This was excellent! Thank you for taking time to t...
- George: For the designer(s) of the curriculum, of course, ...
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon on Beach Books! (Librarians’ List)
- Emily on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?
- Emily on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional
- Kristina on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional
- George on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?