In case you missed them, here are Part One and Part Two of this series on my mother’s death. One to Two Days Prior to Death, Symptoms: May be a surge of energy, followed by recurrence of symptoms. Breathing starts to be a big issue at this point. As the body begins to shut down, [...]
Today is Good Friday, so in meditating on the passion and redemption of Christ, I thought it a suitable time to begin a series on my mom’s death last December. No other event in my life has, so far, made me feel my need of Christ’s strength and grace so much. But I would also [...]
Most YA readers in America stop right here. From junior high and high school literature, they gain a few basic sentiments–sentiments which may or not be held or recognized by non-readers in their lives. What are those sentiments? I’ve tried to detail them up til now: 1) race is just color, signifying nothing; 2) class [...]
Today’s interview is regarding Douglas Bond’s devotional series for young men and their fathers, Fathers and Sons. I hope to eventually do another interview with Mr. Bond, since we weren’t able to touch on his fiction. However, in this interview Mr. Bond explains why he chose to write to young men and their fathers together, [...]
Subscribe / Connect
- Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids May 23, 2013
- Sorting Out the Children’s Bible Market April 3, 2013
- Toddling into the Word: First Bible Storybooks and Early-Reader Bibles March 26, 2013
- Tricksters and Fools April 1, 2013
- Hail and Farewell: Maurice Sendak April 23, 2013
- Michelle L: We're stuck in a TLF in Hawaii for the duration o...
- Elizabeth: We're always up for reading! Your list looks int...
- Angela: Looking forward to participating in this summer's...
- Leslie: We love to travel around the world through books! ...
- Julie Plocher: Our kids are up for the challenge. To get them to...
- Michelle L on Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids
- Elizabeth on Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids
- Angela on Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids
- Leslie on Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids
- Julie Plocher on Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids