This seems like an odd time of year to talk about death, but the joy of the Christmas season wouldn’t be joyful at all if that baby did not represent God’s solution to our biggest problem. Isaac Watts recognized that, in one of my most favorite Christmas hymns: No more let sin and sorrow reign, […]
In case you missed them, here are Part One and Part Two of this series on my mother’s death. One to Two Days Prior to Death, Symptoms: May be a surge of energy, followed by recurrence of symptoms. Breathing starts to be a big issue at this point. As the body begins to shut down, […]
Today is Good Friday, so in meditating on the passion and redemption of Christ, I thought it a suitable time to begin a series on my mom’s death last December. No other event in my life has, so far, made me feel my need of Christ’s strength and grace so much. But I would also […]
Most YA readers in America stop right here. From junior high and high school literature, they gain a few basic sentiments–sentiments which may or not be held or recognized by non-readers in their lives. What are those sentiments? I’ve tried to detail them up til now: 1) race is just color, signifying nothing; 2) class […]
Today’s interview is regarding Douglas Bond’s devotional series for young men and their fathers, Fathers and Sons. I hope to eventually do another interview with Mr. Bond, since we weren’t able to touch on his fiction. However, in this interview Mr. Bond explains why he chose to write to young men and their fathers together, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- SRC Week 2, Teen List: Dragon’s Tooth Discussion June 28, 2014
- Emily: Thanks so much for all the insight on your experie...
- Sara: We just finished school so The Daughter (G - 13) d...
- H team: Read 3 books....We blacked out the bad language in...
- Janie: Thanks for chiming in, Anna! I sympathize with th...
- Anna: In defense of books like these, though, I must cit...