This seems like an odd time of year to talk about death, but the joy of the Christmas season wouldn’t be joyful at all if that baby did not represent God’s solution to our biggest problem. Isaac Watts recognized that, in one of my most favorite Christmas hymns: No more let sin and sorrow reign, […]
In case you missed them, here are Part One and Part Two of this series on my mother’s death. One to Two Days Prior to Death, Symptoms: May be a surge of energy, followed by recurrence of symptoms. Breathing starts to be a big issue at this point. As the body begins to shut down, […]
Today is Good Friday, so in meditating on the passion and redemption of Christ, I thought it a suitable time to begin a series on my mom’s death last December. No other event in my life has, so far, made me feel my need of Christ’s strength and grace so much. But I would also […]
Most YA readers in America stop right here. From junior high and high school literature, they gain a few basic sentiments–sentiments which may or not be held or recognized by non-readers in their lives. What are those sentiments? I’ve tried to detail them up til now: 1) race is just color, signifying nothing; 2) class […]
Today’s interview is regarding Douglas Bond’s devotional series for young men and their fathers, Fathers and Sons. I hope to eventually do another interview with Mr. Bond, since we weren’t able to touch on his fiction. However, in this interview Mr. Bond explains why he chose to write to young men and their fathers together, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway! December 9, 2013
- Sci-fi Short Story Finalists: VOTE FOR A WINNER! November 16, 2013
- Anselm: An Interview with Simonetta Carr October 16, 2013
- Some Words About Wordless Books November 15, 2013
- Septimus Heap October 23, 2013
- diego: Justification & Regeneration by Charles Leiter...
- Kara: I grew up loving Pilgrim's Progress, partly from ...
- Jen: Knowing God by Packer and The Rare Jewel of Christ...
- Jeffrey C: The Soul of Life: The Piety of John Calvin, edited...
- Anthony W: I am reading Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray. ...
- diego on Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway!
- Kara on Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway!
- Jen on Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway!
- Jeffrey C on Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway!
- Anthony W on Pilgrim’s Progress Revisited: Two Versions and a Giveaway!