My readers are broken people…children are sinners in need of grace….If I take some other posture to my writing, I’m not going to be authentically leading other sinners to the cross and the gospel. –Douglas Bond Our Guests My guests today are two authors keenly interested in bringing history alive for kids. But not just […]
Tomorrow we have a real treat for you: two Christian dads, one a pastor and one a teacher, who both happen to write books for young people. William Boekestein and Douglas Bond, together in one podcast, chat with Emily about the value of historical fiction, reading in the gospel light, and reading classics with your […]
THE PODCAST Plenty of Americans dream of taking a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Europe…to see the Eiffle Tower, hear the chiming of Big Ben, and float along the romantic canals of Venice. But for many devoted Christians, the idea of a Reformation Tour never crosses their minds. Today, Douglas Bond tells us about the Reformation Tours […]
Today’s podcast is a follow-up to our last interview with Mr. Bond, RR Podcast 4: Douglas Bond on Fatherhood. Last time we talked about his devotional books for young men and their fathers, Fathers and Sons. But this time we focused more on his fiction–including his series on hymns of the church featuring Mr. Pipes, […]
Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America, by James Webb, explores the influence of the Scottish Protestants on national culture from pre-revolutionary America up to the present day. They were known for toughness, piety, and belligerence, and became so instrumental to the movement for independence that back in Britain Horace Walpole complained, “America has run […]
Today’s interview is regarding Douglas Bond’s devotional series for young men and their fathers, Fathers and Sons. I hope to eventually do another interview with Mr. Bond, since we weren’t able to touch on his fiction. However, in this interview Mr. Bond explains why he chose to write to young men and their fathers together, […]
“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” Romans 8:15 Father’s Day Celebration As Christians, we–make that I–often forget just how startling it would have been for Jesus’ followers to hear Him call upon […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Sci-fi Short Story Finalists: VOTE FOR A WINNER! November 16, 2013
- Some Words About Wordless Books November 15, 2013
- Septimus Heap October 23, 2013
- Anselm: An Interview with Simonetta Carr October 16, 2013
- Looking Forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas November 12, 2013
- Betsy: I would have to ditto Megan's comments 100%!!! :-...
- Megan: Oooh, I LOVE The Snow Queen! And I am an admirer o...
- Emily: Thanks for chiming in, Melissa! Great to hear tha...
- Redeemed Reader Podcast | David Walton\'s Fiction: […] recently had the privilege of being a gu...
- Melissa Deming: I love Truth in the Tinsel. We've done this for t...