Labor Day, according to Wikipedia, was born of the Management/Labor battles of the late 19th century–particularly the Pullman strike of the 1880s. Labor strikes were not just a matter of shutdowns and picket lines–people got killed. The root problem at the bottom of the labor wars was that work had lost its dignity. Industrialization had […]
“Of course ‘successful careers’ are important, but I would suggest thinking of them in the very different Christian paradigm of vocation. Not, what career should I choose that will make me successful in the sense of making a lot of money, but what has God equipped me to do best and what is He calling […]
In Part Two of the interview, we’re talking about how to prepare our kids for college–and whether they need to go to college at all! But don’t miss Part One. 3. Sometimes, parents send their children to a Christian college thinking they will escape the most dangerous pitfalls of secular education. Are there any pitfalls in Christian […]
Many–if not all–of our readers are praying earnestly for their children to lead God-centered, successful lives. Of course, God can work with any sort of material, but we’d like to minimize the hard lessons and wasted time as much as possible. Not just for our kids–for us, too! Seeking the counsel of experienced Christians, parents […]
Subscribe / Connect
- The Spiritual World of The Hobbit + Giveaway January 23, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1 March 7, 2014
- Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1 March 8, 2014
- ALA Midwinter Conference Reflections January 30, 2014
- Emily: Thanks for the suggestions, Melinda. We will add ...
- Betsy: This is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies-...
- Melinda Speece: I visited Ukraine with a group called HopeHouse In...
- Cathy: Great list, thanks!...
- Mandi: My boys liked Henry & Mudge, Mr. Putter & ...
- Emily on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Betsy on Retro Reads: The Sword in the Stone
- Melinda Speece on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Cathy on Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1
- Mandi on Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway)