A Balanced “Book Diet” Reading is like eating: you need a variety of wholesome ingredients, a little sugar, and a little moderation across the board. Sometimes you need to chew on a steak (mull over a “deep” text), and sometimes you just need some brain candy. Most of the time, though, you need a well-balanced […]
I wrote this letter to a R.U.F. pastor a few weeks ago. And since it includes my ideas for kids’ devotionals, I thought I’d share it with you guys today. Personally, I think the very best devotional is time spent in the word of God with your children. (That’s one of the reasons I haven’t […]
“While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have […]
I know I’m in murky water here. Early in my daughter’s infancy, my husband and I began the argument: is our daughter a princess? Now that we have two daughters under six, the lure of the princess is in full swing, and I’ll be honest, I haven’t completely answered the question myself. One the one […]
You’re a new parent. You’ve got the baby crib with a fancy name, the swing, the bouncer, the burping pads. Now it’s time to choose your baby’s first Bible. And how hard could that be? It’s got to be easier than putting that crib together, right? The first time around, I just took my friends’ […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Sci-fi Short Story Finalists: VOTE FOR A WINNER! November 16, 2013
- Some Words About Wordless Books November 15, 2013
- Anselm: An Interview with Simonetta Carr October 16, 2013
- Septimus Heap October 23, 2013
- Little Histories October 8, 2013
- Betsy: I would have to ditto Megan's comments 100%!!! :-...
- Megan: Oooh, I LOVE The Snow Queen! And I am an admirer o...
- Emily: Thanks for chiming in, Melissa! Great to hear tha...
- Redeemed Reader Podcast | David Walton\'s Fiction: […] recently had the privilege of being a gu...
- Melissa Deming: I love Truth in the Tinsel. We've done this for t...