Today is the release date of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit! But you probably already know that if you’ve been on our Hobbit journey. It’s been a wild trip, as you can read in our previous posts: 1) Introduction, 2) Week One, 2) Week Two, 3) Week Three, 4) Week Four, 5) Week Five, and 6) […]
The entries are in! As you probably know, we’re running a contest in which kids were invited to record themselves reading a few pages of The Hobbit. On the first week of our Hobbit Read Along, we heard from John Erickson, author of the Hank the Cowdog books, and I asked you all to help […]
Are you interested in joining our Hobbit Read Along? Sign up to receive weekly emails during the event either below or in the comments of our introduction: Hobbits, Hot Chocolate, and The Bookshelf Giveaway. Check out Week 1 of the read along, or skip ahead to Week 3. Welcome to Week 2 of our Hobbit […]
Are you interested in joining our Hobbit Read Along? Sign up to receive weekly emails during the event either below or in the comments of our introduction: Hobbits, Hot Chocolate, and The Bookshelf Giveaway. Or see Hobbit Read Along, Week Two for the next installment. A Good Beginning Welcome, trolls, elves, and burglars alike, to […]
Sign up and find out more HERE. This is just a quick note to say, we’re doing lots of behind the scenes work these days to prepare for a November read along of The Hobbit. If you’re thinking of reading it, maybe with the kids (?), before the December release of Peter Jackson’s big screen […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Summer Reading Challenge Finale & Prizes July 28, 2014
- Reviewing School Book Lists, Part One August 6, 2014
- Thoughts on The Giver August 2, 2014
- The Giver: Radio Review & Resource Round Up August 14, 2014
- For the Birds August 5, 2014
- Emily: Great points, Gina. Actually, The Death of a Sale...
- Emily: Thanks for the feedback, Staci!...
- Gina: What a sad situation. It would be great if the sc...
- stacy: We saw the movie this weekend with my 13 and 15 ye...
- Kristina: We homeschool, and my oldest is in 7th grade. I ag...