Today is the release date of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit! But you probably already know that if you’ve been on our Hobbit journey. It’s been a wild trip, as you can read in our previous posts: 1) Introduction, 2) Week One, 2) Week Two, 3) Week Three, 4) Week Four, 5) Week Five, and 6) […]
The entries are in! As you probably know, we’re running a contest in which kids were invited to record themselves reading a few pages of The Hobbit. On the first week of our Hobbit Read Along, we heard from John Erickson, author of the Hank the Cowdog books, and I asked you all to help […]
Are you interested in joining our Hobbit Read Along? Sign up to receive weekly emails during the event either below or in the comments of our introduction: Hobbits, Hot Chocolate, and The Bookshelf Giveaway. Check out Week 1 of the read along, or skip ahead to Week 3. Welcome to Week 2 of our Hobbit […]
Are you interested in joining our Hobbit Read Along? Sign up to receive weekly emails during the event either below or in the comments of our introduction: Hobbits, Hot Chocolate, and The Bookshelf Giveaway. Or see Hobbit Read Along, Week Two for the next installment. A Good Beginning Welcome, trolls, elves, and burglars alike, to […]
Sign up and find out more HERE. This is just a quick note to say, we’re doing lots of behind the scenes work these days to prepare for a November read along of The Hobbit. If you’re thinking of reading it, maybe with the kids (?), before the December release of Peter Jackson’s big screen […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 10 Chapter Books for Dads to Read to Their Kids (+ Printable) March 26, 2015
- Finding Good Chapter Book Friends: Junie B. Jones v. Jasper John Dooley April 13, 2015
- Caroline Starr Rose: An Interview! March 30, 2015
- Crinkle, Crackle, Crack: It’s Spring! by Marion Dane Bauer, illustrated by John Shelley April 22, 2015
- The Well-Gifted Grad May 19, 2015
- Janie: Thanks, Dean--we'll put that one on our list!...
- Check out | HeadHeartHand Blog: […] Sally Lloyd Jones: A Mini Interview | Re...
- Dean Aguirre: Another great book for grads would be Three Tips f...
- Beth: Great list! My son loves the Scaredy Squirrel boo...
- The Sage: I like a moment to address several commenters... ...