If we were picking favorite periods of history, World War II would be near the top of the list. Though it’s fast fading from living memory, it still seems close enough to be relevant to our world today, with plenty of drama and grit, as Betsy’s review of Rose Under Fire demonstrates. Rose is geared […]
Many people think picture books should be left behind in the preschool years. Megan and I heartily disagree with that sentiment, and we invite you to check out one of these picture book biographies at your local library to read through with your family of all ages. They are great jumping off points for more […]
Seventy-three years ago, on September 1, German tanks rolled across the border of Poland and the conflict that soon became known as World War II officially began. The literature is vast, even for children. The weight is vast, too, with a level of destruction and death that we find hard to imagine. War stories aren’t […]
In honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day, a review of Annexed, by Sharon Dogar (Houghton Mifflin, 2010, 337 pages) Yes, I am dead now, but if you listen you can still hear me. Wystawach. Wake up. Are you still there? Are you listening? I was around twelve years old when Adolph Eichmann, administrator of the Nazi […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 2014 Summer Reading Challenge…For the Whole Family May 27, 2014
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- The Year of the … Books by Andrea Cheng May 29, 2014
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon: […] Beach Books by Betsy at Redeemed Reader....
- Emily: Good point, George. Thanks for bringing that poin...
- Emily: So glad you found it profitable for your family, K...
- Kristina: This was excellent! Thank you for taking time to t...
- George: For the designer(s) of the curriculum, of course, ...
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon on Beach Books! (Librarians’ List)
- Emily on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?
- Emily on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional
- Kristina on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional
- George on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?