Chasing Jupiter, by Rachel Coker. Zondervan, 2012, 221 pages. Age/interest level: 12-up. Our story begins in small-town Georgia, 1969—but 16-year-old Scarlett’s world seems even smaller than the town. Since her rebellious older sister Juli is sneaking out at all hours, so much responsibility falls on Scarlett that there’s no time for friends or extra-curricular activities. […]
I’m not quite ready to retire to a rocking chair in front of the general store, bending the ear of hapless passers-by: “Yessir, it was rough back in them early homeschoolin’ days . . .” But still, it’s fun to off-handedly mention that when I started homeschooling, way back in 1985, neither A Beka nor […]
While we are awaiting a post by Dr. Gene Veith later in the week, I thought it would be fun to ask some of our readers this question. I am a mom on the cusp of homeschooling. We’re officially starting Kindergarten in the fall with my oldest, and my mind is filled with questions….How do […]
In anticipation of our interview with Dr. Veith next week (see Emily’s anticipatory post), I intended to write some thoughts on life after homeschooling to share with the large number of our readers who are homeschoolers now. But I found myself lingering on how it looked to me then, rather than how it looks now. […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 2014 Summer Reading Challenge…For the Whole Family May 27, 2014
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- Janie: Thanks for chiming in, Anna! I sympathize with th...
- Anna: In defense of books like these, though, I must cit...
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon: […] Beach Books by Betsy at Redeemed Reader....
- Emily: Good point, George. Thanks for bringing that poin...
- Emily: So glad you found it profitable for your family, K...
- Janie on SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion
- Anna on SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion
- Summer Reading and Book News | Semicolon on Beach Books! (Librarians’ List)
- Emily on Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read?
- Emily on SRC, Week 4: Time Travel Devotional