Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Lemonade and Lit: An Adult-Teen Read Along, Week 7 It’s been a fun summer, and we’re finishing strong with […]
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones is a staple among Christian parents these days who want to help introduce kids to the Bible in a way that focuses on Christ. Not only is it theologically rich, but the illustrations by Jago are enticing for both children and adults, combining reverence, tenderness and even […]
Andrew Klavan’s new novel, Crazy Dangerous, is the story of complicated characters in a complex world. Not necessarily the story you’d expect from a Christian author these days, but then not much about Andrew Klavan fits the Christian author stereotype. He grew up in a Jewish home, and his writing–from screenplays to editorials in the […]
Simonetta Carr is one of my favorite authors writing about historical subjects today. Her care for historical detail shows in all her biographies for children, including her books on John Calvin, Augustine, and John Owen. I’ve also had the pleasure of interviewing Simonetta twice already and I always enjoy the thoughtfulness behind her work. One […]
$20 Bookshelf Challenge Winner Today is the big day for one Redeemed Reader: the announcement of our $20 Bookshelf Challenge winner. Thank you to everyone who gave it a try, especially Alane who was the first runner-up. (Alane, I’ll email you with my idea for a consolation prize…) First place goes to Cathy for her […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Jim Weiss Audiobook Giveaway!!! November 19, 2014
- Jesus is Most Special by Sally Michael, illustrated by Fred Apps December 3, 2014
- Interns Needed! October 23, 2014
- Pathfinder by Angie Sage December 5, 2014
- Come On, Seabiscuit! by Ralph Moody. Audiobook read by Jim Weiss. October 29, 2014
- Emily: You're very welcome, Sunny! Thanks for stopping ...
- Emily: Kristy, I just wanted to add my two cents on to...
- Janie: Kristy, thanks for writing and I appreciate your c...
- Kristy: I just wanted to let you know that we have run int...
- sunny: Thank you for the review!...