The entries are in! As you probably know, we’re running a contest in which kids were invited to record themselves reading a few pages of The Hobbit. On the first week of our Hobbit Read Along, we heard from John Erickson, author of the Hank the Cowdog books, and I asked you all to help [...]
Are you interested in joining our Hobbit Read Along? Sign up to receive weekly emails during the event either below or in the comments of our introduction: Hobbits, Hot Chocolate, and The Bookshelf Giveaway. Check out Week 1 of the read along, or skip ahead to Week 3. Welcome to Week 2 of our Hobbit [...]
The Hobbit Read Along Two weeks from today on Monday, November 5th, our Great Hobbit Read Along Adventure begins! We’ll cover two or three chapters of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien each week for five weeks, ending the first week of December, just before the release of the movie version by Peter Jackson. We hope [...]
- Sorting Out the Children’s Bible Market April 3, 2013
- Toddling into the Word: First Bible Storybooks and Early-Reader Bibles March 26, 2013
- Tricksters and Fools April 1, 2013
- Church Literacy, Part One: Interview with Mom of a Dyslexic Child April 4, 2013
- Hail and Farewell: Maurice Sendak April 23, 2013
- Hayley: This is such an interesting post, Janie! I do nee...
- Emily: That's funny, Jess! I actually really disliked G...
- Janie: That's the great thing about literature, Jessalyn...
- Jessalyn: We LOVE Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site!!!...
- Jessalyn: I've read this book twice now... Once in high sch...
- Hayley on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Emily on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Janie on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Jessalyn on Steaming into Sunset: an Interview with Sherri Rinker
- Jessalyn on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?