Our book reviewer today is Autumn, one of our current interns here at Redeemedreader.com. She is a sophomore at a small liberal arts college here in Tennessee, making her way through a Southern, Christ-haunted literary landscape much like Flannery O’Connor encountered. Among her many interests are reading, writing, violin, guitar, songwriting and drinking fermented (non-alcoholic) […]
MEET THE AUTHORS Jonathan Rogers is not only one of the most talented Christian writers for kids’ today (see our review of The Charlatan’s Boy), he’s also kept his own faith while passing through the highest echelons of academia. He holds a Ph.D. in English Literature from Vanderbilt University, and just recently published a biography […]
I know we have some Jonathan Rogers fans at the site, so I couldn’t resist sharing this before I hit the hay tonight. I think it’s actually called Branko’s Love Song, and the words are from one of Jonathan Rogers’ novels. Brother Barnes just kindly put it to music for us. Can you remember which […]
We’re delighted to welcome Jonathan Rogers to our site today, as one of our “writing fathers.” Jonathan is Georgia-born, with an undergraduate degree from Furman University and a PhD in 17th-century English literature from Vanderbilt. Today he calls Nashville home, where he and his wife are raising a “houseful of robustious children.” Last week we […]
The Charlatan’s Boy, by Jonathan Rogers. WaterBrook Press, 2010, 305 pages. Age/interest level: 10-up. “I don’t care who you are–when it comes to knowing where you came from, you got to take somebody’s word for it.” Any orphan boy knows that, but Grady has a twist on that problem: “I only know one man who […]
“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” Romans 8:15 Father’s Day Celebration As Christians, we–make that I–often forget just how startling it would have been for Jesus’ followers to hear Him call upon […]
Subscribe / Connect
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- SRC Writing/drawing contest June 30, 2014
- Emily: Thanks so much for all the insight on your experie...
- Sara: We just finished school so The Daughter (G - 13) d...
- H team: Read 3 books....We blacked out the bad language in...
- Janie: Thanks for chiming in, Anna! I sympathize with th...
- Anna: In defense of books like these, though, I must cit...