Our book reviewer today is Autumn, one of our current interns here at Redeemedreader.com. She is a sophomore at a small liberal arts college here in Tennessee, making her way through a Southern, Christ-haunted literary landscape much like Flannery O’Connor encountered. Among her many interests are reading, writing, violin, guitar, songwriting and drinking fermented (non-alcoholic) […]
MEET THE AUTHORS Jonathan Rogers is not only one of the most talented Christian writers for kids’ today (see our review of The Charlatan’s Boy), he’s also kept his own faith while passing through the highest echelons of academia. He holds a Ph.D. in English Literature from Vanderbilt University, and just recently published a biography […]
I know we have some Jonathan Rogers fans at the site, so I couldn’t resist sharing this before I hit the hay tonight. I think it’s actually called Branko’s Love Song, and the words are from one of Jonathan Rogers’ novels. Brother Barnes just kindly put it to music for us. Can you remember which […]
We’re delighted to welcome Jonathan Rogers to our site today, as one of our “writing fathers.” Jonathan is Georgia-born, with an undergraduate degree from Furman University and a PhD in 17th-century English literature from Vanderbilt. Today he calls Nashville home, where he and his wife are raising a “houseful of robustious children.” Last week we […]
*The Charlatan’s Boy, by Jonathan Rogers. WaterBrook Press, 2010, 305 pages. Reading Level: Middle grades, ages 10-12 Bottom Line: The 12-year-old hero The Charlatan’s Boy uses creative vocabulary and evocative swampy setting to walk the thin line between truth and lies. I don’t care who you are–when it comes to knowing where you came from, […]
“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” Romans 8:15 Father’s Day Celebration As Christians, we–make that I–often forget just how startling it would have been for Jesus’ followers to hear Him call upon […]
Subscribe / Connect
- February Freebies: Giveaways and Book News! February 2, 2015
- 50 Shades Trilogy: The Tim Challies Interview February 7, 2015
- Winter Storytime: Let It Snow! January 21, 2015
- Fifty Shades Roundtable with WORLD’s Megan Basham February 6, 2015
- All for Love? Five Red Flags to Watch for in YA Christian Romance Fiction February 13, 2015
- Coram Deo ~ 3.5.2015 | Coram Deo ~: […] All for Love? Five Red Flags to Watch fo...
- R.J. Anderson: Laura: Though not explicitly a YA publisher, Encla...
- Betsy: Thanks for the feedback. I love that C. S. Lewis b...
- Betsy: Great suggestion, Melinda! I haven't used that pa...
- Cheryl: Betsy, this piece reminds me of a C.S. Lewis quote...