WEEK 15: BLESSINGS AND CURSES This week we’re reading through Deuteronomy, in which the Israelites are almost ready to enter the Promised Land. Moses calls the new generation together and gives them the law again, this time with a focus on their hearts–and God’s. Almost like when a parent is getting ready to send […]
THE PEOPLE: FAILURE! After receiving the law from God on Sinai, this week we learn about how the Israelites experience their own weakness and sinfulness under its weight. Even Moses doesn’t come out looking good. Will God forsake His people? Or could He have another mediator in mind all along? […]
The Lord leads His people to the same mountain where he spoke with Moses from the burning bush–Mt. Horeb, also called Sinai. Israel is in for a meeting even more significant than the escape from Egypt: for the first time, God is going to reveal explicitly and in detail what He is like and what […]
THE PEOPLE: Deliverance This week we go deeper into Moses’ story, and how God used him to bring His people out of slavery and on a journey of deliverance. Study Guides: .pdf download: Ages 4-8, Week 10 .pdf download: Ages 9-13, Week 10 Make Your Own Story Bible Resources: .pdf download: Story Bible Directions […]
THE PEOPLE: Moses Today we look at how God grew Israel’s family into a new “people”, and how God worked deliverance for them through Moses. One of the most exciting passages of history and literature ever written! Study Guides: .pdf download: Ages 4-8, Week 9 .pdf download: Ages 9-13, Week 9 Make […]
Subscribe / Connect
- February Freebies: Giveaways and Book News! February 2, 2015
- 50 Shades Trilogy: The Tim Challies Interview February 7, 2015
- Winter Storytime: Let It Snow! January 21, 2015
- New Year’s Literary Goals (and Literary Confessions) January 1, 2015
- Fifty Shades Roundtable with WORLD’s Megan Basham February 6, 2015
- Melinda Speece: I really like these ideas! And it brought to mind ...
- Betsy: You're welcome, Erin!...
- Teacher’s Lounge: Six Ways to KILL the Love of Reading |: […] to generate book discussions is to allow...
- Erin Miller: Great post with excellent ideas. Thank you!...
- Meg: Thanks for the reminder and challenge to remember ...