via Google Video CHAPTER 7: Doubting Castle Today’s Theme: The Key of Promise After surviving Vanity Fair and the hill of Lucre, Christian and Hopeful “espied a stile which led into a meadow, and seemed to be a short-cut.” But of course, there are no short-cuts in a Christian’s path, and what first seemed a […]
Chapter 6: Vanity Fair Today’s Theme: Faithful to the End As our narrator says, “Most fairs are merry places. But not this one–not for our travellers. For here one of them was destined to die.” What ought to have been a place of vibrant cultural exchange and beauty–with a British Row and Italian Row, […]
via Google Video CHAPTER FIVE: The Valley of the Shadow Today’s Theme: God With Us Today, following on the heels of his fight with Apollyon and his healing through the leaves of a tree, Christian enters the Valley of the Shadow. In a reference to the 23rd Psalm, the chapter is aptly titled The […]
Chapter Two: The Interpreter’s House Today’s Theme: A Burden Lost, Heaven Gained In this section, Christian comes into the Wicket Gate, is taught by the Interpreter (or the Holy Spirit) spiritual lessons, and he loses his burden at the Cross. He also begins his […]
Welcome to our Pilgrim’s Progress Read Along, part Redeemedreader.com’s Reformation Month celebration! We’ll be pursuing two tracks over the month of October, 2011–this one for younger kids and Janie’s read along for older kids and adults. See Pilgrim’s Progress: Introduction to read her commentary. (how to) READ HARD BOOKS If this book looks like something […]
Eerdmans Publishing has been kind enough to offer us a complimetary copy of Dangerous Journey by Oliver Huntin. We’d like to give it away to one of our readers this weekend, just in time for you to participate in our read along this month. (Though you certainly don’t have to read along. This book comes […]
A REFORMATION CELEBRATION Reformation Day has been celebrated in Germany, Slovenia, and in many Protestant and Lutheran churches around the world for centuries. Though admittedly a minor holiday within those church calendars, it falls on the anniversary of Martin Luther’s nailing of his 95 theses […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Summer Reading Challenge Finale & Prizes July 28, 2014
- Reviewing School Book Lists, Part One August 6, 2014
- Interview with J. B. Cheaney & Giveaway! September 9, 2014
- Thoughts on The Giver August 2, 2014
- The Giver: Radio Review & Resource Round Up August 14, 2014
- Kara: Thank you for this review! Since I was a classics ...
- Betsy: Great comparison, Steph! I thought of Andy Griffit...
- Steph M: We read Homer Price last year as a read-aloud. My ...
- An: I never rode a schoolbus, until I became an exchan...
- Betsy: good questions, Janie!! I read this book as an ARC...