***THE GIVEAWAY PART OF THIS POST IS OVER. *** ENDER’S GAME POSTS: Introduction, Week 1: Sci-fi and Orson Scott Card, Week 2: Ender vs Peter, Week 3: Science of the Story, Week 4: Conclusions Also, see our Sci-Fi Writing Contest for Teens and our Sci-Fi Podcast Discussion coming soon. WHY READ ALONG? Ender’s Game (The […]
As the cinematic version of City of Bones hits theaters this week, Redeemedreader is covering it from two generational points of view: 1) Janie Cheaney, our matriarch, covered the book earlier this week with her post, Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. She includes not only a critique of this story, but a look at […]
Introduction Last week I had the happy opportunity of watching Disney’s new Oz the Great and Powerful. I had to turn around a review that night for World Magazine–CLICK HERE to read that review. (Or see my radio review at TW&E.) I had expected a mediocre movie based on reviews I read beforehand, but I […]
I’m so excited to share our 2012 Writing Contest Short Story finalists with you all today! First, though, I’d like to say thanks to our intern, Autumn, who was kind enough to help us choose our finalists. We do have three finalists out of quite a few fantastic entries, and we’d like you to help […]
On Your Radio This week Redeemedreader–as represented Janie, Caity Kullen (intern), Morgan Lee (friend of the blog), and me–virtually met with Nick Eicher of World Magazine’s radio program for a roundtable discussion of The Hunger Games. We had a blast, and I was so impressed with the insight put forth by three generations of Christians […]
While we’re on the subject of crafts and Thanksgiving, here is a book I put together for my girls about Thanksgiving. It’s a .pdf file right now, but you download it, print it out and have your own kids add pictures to make their own book. It includes short overview of the facts about Thanksgiving, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- SRC, Week 1: Chitty Chitty And The Race Against Time June 16, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- SRC Blue Comet: Problems and Alternate Suggestion June 22, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- SRC Week 2, Teen List: Dragon’s Tooth Discussion June 28, 2014
- Emily: Thanks so much for all the insight on your experie...
- Sara: We just finished school so The Daughter (G - 13) d...
- H team: Read 3 books....We blacked out the bad language in...
- Janie: Thanks for chiming in, Anna! I sympathize with th...
- Anna: In defense of books like these, though, I must cit...