***THE GIVEAWAY PART OF THIS POST IS OVER. *** ENDER’S GAME POSTS: Introduction, Week 1: Sci-fi and Orson Scott Card, Week 2: Ender vs Peter, Week 3: Science of the Story, Week 4: Conclusions Also, see our Sci-Fi Writing Contest for Teens and our Sci-Fi Podcast Discussion coming soon. WHY READ ALONG? Ender’s Game (The […]
As the cinematic version of City of Bones hits theaters this week, Redeemedreader is covering it from two generational points of view: 1) Janie Cheaney, our matriarch, covered the book earlier this week with her post, Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. She includes not only a critique of this story, but a look at […]
Introduction Last week I had the happy opportunity of watching Disney’s new Oz the Great and Powerful. I had to turn around a review that night for World Magazine–CLICK HERE to read that review. (Or see my radio review at TW&E.) I had expected a mediocre movie based on reviews I read beforehand, but I […]
I’m so excited to share our 2012 Writing Contest Short Story finalists with you all today! First, though, I’d like to say thanks to our intern, Autumn, who was kind enough to help us choose our finalists. We do have three finalists out of quite a few fantastic entries, and we’d like you to help […]
On Your Radio This week Redeemedreader–as represented Janie, Caity Kullen (intern), Morgan Lee (friend of the blog), and me–virtually met with Nick Eicher of World Magazine’s radio program for a roundtable discussion of The Hunger Games. We had a blast, and I was so impressed with the insight put forth by three generations of Christians […]
While we’re on the subject of crafts and Thanksgiving, here is a book I put together for my girls about Thanksgiving. It’s a .pdf file right now, but you download it, print it out and have your own kids add pictures to make their own book. It includes short overview of the facts about Thanksgiving, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- The Spiritual World of The Hobbit + Giveaway January 23, 2014
- Nurturing a young reader’s literary tastes January 9, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1 March 7, 2014
- ALA Midwinter Conference Reflections January 30, 2014
- Marijo Taverne: Thanks for this list! Some of these books I've he...
- Megan: Thank you for making the crisis personal and remin...
- Betsy: Thanks for this, Hayley! We have a good friend who...
- Hayley S.: Thank you so much for your kind comment, Miriam! ...
- Miriam Tucker: I recently attended a wedding at our church in Lou...
- Marijo Taverne on Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1
- Megan on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Betsy on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Hayley S. on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1
- Miriam Tucker on Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1