Bunny’s First Spring by Sally Lloyd Jones, illustrated by David McPhail. Zonderkidz, 2014. 32 pages. Reading Level: Picture Books, ages 0-4 A little bunny explores his world through changing seasons, sharing his exuberant observations with his affectionate parents. As winter arrives, he mourns the world that seems to be dying. Fearful of changes and very […]
The House That’s Your Home by Sally Lloyd-Jones, illustrated by Jane Dyer. Schwartz and Wade, 2015. 40 pages. Reading Level: ages 0-8 Speaking directly to the young reader (listener), the text sweetly highlights the various elements of a small child’s world in this old-fashioned picture book. Beginning with the outside world (a tree in the yard or […]
VALENTINE’S DAY PRESENTS With Valentine’s Day creeping up on us, I thought I’d throw out a few of my favorite Valentine books for the little ones. These are books that I think parents and grandparents could really enjoy reading a loud, and maybe pair with a few chocolate hearts to sweeten V-day for everyone. 1) […]
This October, the team that brought you The Jesus Storybook Bible released a unique new book, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing. At 224 pages, it’s surprisingly small and compact, but author Sally Lloyd Jones and illustrator Jago have packed quite a punch inside. Each spread contains a meditation complemented by one of Jago’s brilliant […]
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones is a staple among Christian parents these days who want to help introduce kids to the Bible in a way that focuses on Christ. Not only is it theologically rich, but the illustrations by Jago are enticing for both children and adults, combining reverence, tenderness and even […]
On Friday we looked at some very popular picture books that you just might find under your tree. Some of them are better than others, but in the spirit of I Cor. 12:31 I’d like to suggest a more excellent way to get the Christmas message across with picture books. So allow me to roll […]
I have recommended The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones in numerous posts on this blog. That doesn’t mean I think it is perfect, or perfect for everyone. In some ways, what makes it useful—its strong narrative voice and creative illustrations—actually end up taking kids farther from the original Bible text. And in that […]
It may be my freshman attempt at an interview, but Kevin Twit is no novice when it comes to focusing his listeners’ attention away from themselves and onto Christ. In his ministry at RUF of Belmont University as well as the music he helps create at Indelible Grace, Kevin has been preaching Solas Christus for […]
Subscribe / Connect
- 10 Chapter Books for Dads to Read to Their Kids (+ Printable) March 26, 2015
- Finding Good Chapter Book Friends: Junie B. Jones v. Jasper John Dooley April 13, 2015
- Caroline Starr Rose: An Interview! March 30, 2015
- Crinkle, Crackle, Crack: It’s Spring! by Marion Dane Bauer, illustrated by John Shelley April 22, 2015
- The Well-Gifted Grad May 19, 2015
- Janie: Thanks, Dean--we'll put that one on our list!...
- Check out | HeadHeartHand Blog: […] Sally Lloyd Jones: A Mini Interview | Re...
- Dean Aguirre: Another great book for grads would be Three Tips f...
- Beth: Great list! My son loves the Scaredy Squirrel boo...
- The Sage: I like a moment to address several commenters... ...