VALENTINE’S DAY PRESENTS With Valentine’s Day creeping up on us, I thought I’d throw out a few of my favorite Valentine books for the little ones. These are books that I think parents and grandparents could really enjoy reading a loud, and maybe pair with a few chocolate hearts to sweeten V-day for everyone. 1) [...]
This October, the team that brought you The Jesus Storybook Bible released a unique new book, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing. At 224 pages, it’s surprisingly small and compact, but author Sally Lloyd Jones and illustrator Jago have packed quite a punch inside. Each spread contains a meditation complemented by one of Jago’s brilliant [...]
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones is a staple among Christian parents these days who want to help introduce kids to the Bible in a way that focuses on Christ. Not only is it theologically rich, but the illustrations by Jago are enticing for both children and adults, combining reverence, tenderness and even [...]
On Friday we looked at some very popular picture books that you just might find under your tree. Some of them are better than others, but in the spirit of I Cor. 12:31 I’d like to suggest a more excellent way to get the Christmas message across with picture books. So allow me to roll [...]
I have recommended The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones in numerous posts on this blog. That doesn’t mean I think it is perfect, or perfect for everyone. In some ways, what makes it useful—its strong narrative voice and creative illustrations—actually end up taking kids farther from the original Bible text. And in that [...]
It may be my freshman attempt at an interview, but Kevin Twit is no novice when it comes to focusing his listeners’ attention away from themselves and onto Christ. In his ministry at RUF of Belmont University as well as the music he helps create at Indelible Grace, Kevin has been preaching Solas Christus for [...]
Subscribe / Connect
- Around the World in 60 Days: Summer Reading Challenge for Kids May 23, 2013
- Missionary autobiography: Pilipinto’s Happiness May 29, 2013
- Adult-Teen Summer Reading, Introduction: Conversation and a Contest! June 8, 2013
- Summer Fun: Interns Needed May 15, 2013
- 100 Great Adventure Books for Kids: Summer Read Along Book Lists are Here! June 3, 2013
- Crystal: My mother taught me to read when I was four, and I...
- Megan: Such great advice! Thanks for sharing!...
- Betsy: These posts are so fun to read, Janie!! Makes me w...
- Betsy: I enjoyed reading this, Janie!...
- Emily: Thank you all for your wonderful comments! We are...
- Crystal on Adult-Teen Summer Reading, Introduction: Conversation and a Contest!
- Megan on Let’s Take a Road Trip: Our Final Destination
- Betsy on Let’s Take a Road Trip: Our Final Destination
- Betsy on Let’s Take a Road Trip–and Write a Story!
- Emily on Adult-Teen Summer Reading, Introduction: Conversation and a Contest!