VALENTINE’S DAY PRESENTS With Valentine’s Day creeping up on us, I thought I’d throw out a few of my favorite Valentine books for the little ones. These are books that I think parents and grandparents could really enjoy reading a loud, and maybe pair with a few chocolate hearts to sweeten V-day for everyone. 1) […]
This October, the team that brought you The Jesus Storybook Bible released a unique new book, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing. At 224 pages, it’s surprisingly small and compact, but author Sally Lloyd Jones and illustrator Jago have packed quite a punch inside. Each spread contains a meditation complemented by one of Jago’s brilliant […]
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones is a staple among Christian parents these days who want to help introduce kids to the Bible in a way that focuses on Christ. Not only is it theologically rich, but the illustrations by Jago are enticing for both children and adults, combining reverence, tenderness and even […]
On Friday we looked at some very popular picture books that you just might find under your tree. Some of them are better than others, but in the spirit of I Cor. 12:31 I’d like to suggest a more excellent way to get the Christmas message across with picture books. So allow me to roll […]
I have recommended The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones in numerous posts on this blog. That doesn’t mean I think it is perfect, or perfect for everyone. In some ways, what makes it useful—its strong narrative voice and creative illustrations—actually end up taking kids farther from the original Bible text. And in that […]
It may be my freshman attempt at an interview, but Kevin Twit is no novice when it comes to focusing his listeners’ attention away from themselves and onto Christ. In his ministry at RUF of Belmont University as well as the music he helps create at Indelible Grace, Kevin has been preaching Solas Christus for […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Summer Reading Challenge Finale & Prizes July 28, 2014
- Parents, Teachers: How Does Your Christianity Change How and What Your Teens Read? June 26, 2014
- Reviewing School Book Lists, Part One August 6, 2014
- Thoughts on The Giver August 2, 2014
- SRC, Week 2: Rush Revere and the First Patriots June 24, 2014
- Kristina: We homeschool, and my oldest is in 7th grade. I ag...
- Jayneen: Looks like a good read. Thanks, Janie!...
- Amber: Thank you. This review was very helpful....
- Emily: You're so welcome, Kelli! Thanks for your encour...
- Kelli: My 14 year old daughter read the book and really w...