As we end our Summer Reading Challenge, I thought it would be fun for you–our readers–to hear a personal reflection from me on how our family experienced the challenge. After all, we are real people with real families behind this website! A Little Background We are a family of five: mom (me), dad, daughter (aged […]
Don’t forget to fill out the Redeemed Reader 2013 Survey if you haven’t done so! (There’s a giveaway involved!) Still hangin’ in there with us? We’ve packed our Summer Reading Challenge with some great books, but I must confess that we’re ending with my favorite of the lot. If you haven’t read it yet, do […]
Other Lemonade and Lit posts: Introduction, Week One: Booked, Week Two: Booked Discussion, Week Three: Beauty, Week Four: Sexuality in Booked, Week Five: Beauty Discussion, Week Six: The Last Thing I Remember, Week Seven: Klavan Discussion. Adult-Teen Read Along This month has been a whirl-wind as we’ve begun our family Summer Reading Challenge. But by […]
***To find out more about this challenge, see our Summer Reading Challenge introduction. Other posts related to Matt Phelan’s books include our Interview with John Branyan and What’s in Your Handbag, Nelly Bly?*** Introduction As Betsy said yesterday in her fantastic introduction (which contained our list of more than 100 Great Adventure Books for Kids), […]
***To read the next post in this series, see our Summer Reading Challenge, Week 1: Around the World by Matt Phelan.*** Summer Reading Challenge June has arrived, and so has our Summer Reading Challenge! We hope you’re ready for a global literary adventure this summer. It’s not too late to join us in the read […]
Got any road trips planned for the summer? Traveling in a hot, breezy car with your sibling’s feet stuck in your face is such an indelible childhood experience (or used to be, in the free-range back-seat days) that every summer publishing season includes a crop of road trip stories. Here are four new (and one […]
Subscribe / Connect
- The Spiritual World of The Hobbit + Giveaway January 23, 2014
- Nurturing a young reader’s literary tastes January 9, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Part 1 March 7, 2014
- Librarians’ List: Easy/Leveled Readers, part 1 March 8, 2014
- Cathy: Great list, thanks!...
- Betsy: Exactly, John! That's a good description of the F...
- Janie: Heather: I can't explain the wording choices for ...
- John Holm: My 7-year old son has read many of the books on th...
- Marijo Taverne: Thanks for this list! Some of these books I've he...