This week in our library month theme, Janie took us back to the 8th century in a review of Hand of Vengeance by Douglas Bond. I also interviewed both Douglas Bond and William Boekestein on their new works as well as how and why they try to bring redemptive history alive for kids. Today, I [...]
My readers are broken people…children are sinners in need of grace….If I take some other posture to my writing, I’m not going to be authentically leading other sinners to the cross and the gospel. –Douglas Bond Our Guests My guests today are two authors keenly interested in bringing history alive for kids. But not just [...]
via YouTube “Are you ready to begin your quest for comfort…?” So ends William Boekestein’s video of his newest book for kids, The Quest for Comfort: The Story of the Heidelberg Catechism. What a great book to introduce on Reformation Day, and a great question, since they take up many of the same concerns we’ve [...]
As we wrap up our half-birthday celebration, I thought it might be nice to give some attention to our readers. You’ve already met a few public figures like Simonetta Carr and Douglas Bond. (I actually got to know Douglas through a comment on our site!) A few other writers have kept a lower profile but [...]
- Sorting Out the Children’s Bible Market April 3, 2013
- Toddling into the Word: First Bible Storybooks and Early-Reader Bibles March 26, 2013
- Tricksters and Fools April 1, 2013
- Church Literacy, Part One: Interview with Mom of a Dyslexic Child April 4, 2013
- Hail and Farewell: Maurice Sendak April 23, 2013
- Hayley: This is such an interesting post, Janie! I do nee...
- Emily: That's funny, Jess! I actually really disliked G...
- Janie: That's the great thing about literature, Jessalyn...
- Jessalyn: We LOVE Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site!!!...
- Jessalyn: I've read this book twice now... Once in high sch...
- Hayley on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Emily on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Janie on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?
- Jessalyn on Steaming into Sunset: an Interview with Sherri Rinker
- Jessalyn on The Great American Novel: Is There Any Such Thing?