New to Redeemedreader? Sign up for our biweekly newsletter on our homepage! You can also like us on Facebook or follow along on Twitter to keep up with our book recommendations for kids and teens. To see who won the Writing Contest, CLICK HERE. INTRODUCTION Back in October, we invited teens to participate in a Sci-fi Writing Contest as part of our Ender’s […]
THANK YOU It’s been a fun couple of months during our Summer Reading Challenge, and my family has enjoyed reading along with you all. We’re taking next week off to prepare for the upcoming months, but before we do, we want to say thanks for all your support during the read along. We are very […]
Before I started writing The Middle of Somewhere, I did some research. Every novelist has to do some research, especially if she’s writing historical fiction (three of my published novels are historical fiction). An author has to have a sense of the lay of the land before she can determine which direction to go. And […]
How’s the road trip going? Have we arrived in Dodge City or stalled out in Pittsburg? I’ll let you in on a secret: when I’m writing a novel, I almost always stall out around the third or fourth chapter. Beginnings are easy—in fact, the beginning of this one was especially easy because I was struck […]
Our Around the World reading challenge book this week is The Middle of Somewhere, and it’s written by . . . um . . . me. If I were not me, I might be objecting right now that assigning one’s own book for a readers’ challenge is incredibly self-seeking (and actually, a small corner of […]
Last fall, we invited students of any age to submit original works in two categories: 1) book reviews and 2) short stories. The deadline for entry was December 15th, and believe it or not, we got some great entries! Tomorrow we’ll announce our short story finalists and let you guys vote for a winner. Today, […]
Subscribe / Connect
- Easter devotional: Why Easter? March 24, 2014
- Meet Lulu and Freddie: 2 Terrific Chapter Book Characters (+ a Giveaway) March 5, 2014
- Ukraine: Lessons in Liberty and Compassion, Pt. 2 March 15, 2014
- Adventuring with Wilder Good, Gannon & Wyatt, and a Giveaway! March 25, 2014
- Retro Reads: Lloyd Alexander’s Chronicles of Prydain March 12, 2014
- Kim: Poor Katniss, no one likes her very much (me inclu...
- Kim: I can't wait to see if my library has these or wi...
- Put On Your Sonnet Bonnet! | Wise Blood: […] my delight when earlier this month Redee...
- Donna Fultz: Yes they still whip the girls for chocolate, eggs ...
- Hayley: Susan, I just checked with Betsy, and there is no ...